Dear Schuler Scholars

By Karina Quintana, SC at George Westinghouse College Prep

Dear Schuler Scholars,
            As the school year is coming to an end I would like to share a few things I, as a Scholar Coach, learned about you this past year. You are some of the most inspiring individuals I ever met. I saw your high moments and your low moments. In both situations I saw you grow. I saw how you moved forward. I saw you humbly celebrate your achievements. When you were falling apart academically you found the strength and drive to turn your grades around. Not everyone can do what you did. It is not easy to turn D’s and F’s to A’s and B’s within the same semester. But you did it. I saw you struggle through personal problems that no one ever wants to imagine. However, even with unwanted events occurring in your life, you moved forward in a way that not everyone can. There is strength in you driven by motivation; a motivation that differs from Scholar to Scholar but a unique motivation to yourself nevertheless. Do not ever forget motivation. Let your motivation change as you grow but do not leave it behind. You are a Schuler Scholar because your motivation pushes you forward—do not forget that.
            I am sharing all of this with you because I recently read through my Senior Schuler book that I received when I graduated high school. When I read my own reflection I wrote five years ago, I saw you all in my writing. I saw you but not me. You made me realize I left behind some of my drive elsewhere. I do not know where it is but you motivate me to find it.

From your fellow Schuler Scholar,

Karina Quintana

Karina Quintana
Scholar Coach ‘17
Bard College ‘16
HPHS ‘12

Comments

Popular Posts